The Eating Disorders Foundation of Victoria is the primary source of support, information, community education and advocacy for people with eating disorders and their families in Victoria. They connect those whose lives are affected by eating disorders with the people, services and hope they need for recovery.
EDV aims for a future where the incidence, duration and impacts of all eating disorders are reduced and ultimately eradicated.
$15 from every candle directly goes to helping people with an eating disorder and their families access:
- A free and confidential telephone, email and drop-in support service where people can get information, support and up-to-date listings of professionals with experience in treating eating disorders.
- A free eating disorder specific telehealth nurse service, the only one of its kind in Australia.
- A free peer support program matching people transitioning from hospital treatment with a mentor who has fully recovered from an eating disorder.
- Monthly support group meetings for those in recovery and for family and friends in locations across Melbourne.
- Workshops, presentations and courses aimed at the early intervention and support of people with eating disorders for professionals, workplaces, schools and the community.
- Group programs specifically designed for carers, people in recovery and people who are at risk of an eating disorder.